2D and 3D Animation – Level 3 (Age 8-18) – Sundays (3/3-4/7) 2:30pm – 4:30pm
For Age 8-18
March 3 – April 7, 2019
6 Sundays: 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7
2:30pm – 4:30pm
If you like to draw manga, let’s turn it into an anime. If you like memes, let’s make your own animation memes. Since the beginning of time, motion soothes/excites/entertains human souls. Bring your design to life with the power of animation.
In this course, you will learn how to create 2D animation with Adobe Animate by creating a collection of gif animations and mp4 files with your own design.
What students will learn:
- Follow-Through and Overlapping Action
- Creating a 3D bouncing ball animation with realistic weight
- Learn about 2D motion graphics inside a 3D animation program
- Advance onto a character with two legs, creating our first bipedal character
- Learn how to alter facial expressions of a character to give it life
What projects students will create:
- Lesson 1: Get familiar with the graph editor and animating a ball in a circular path.
- Lesson 2: Learn how to create a bouncing ball with realistic weight.
- Lesson 3: The principle of squash and stretch, as well as motion graphics.
- Lesson 4: Turn our bouncing ball into a character, where it will traverse an obstacle course.
- Lesson 5: Animate our first character while learning about follow-through and overlapping action.
- Lesson 6: Create a walk cycle of a bipedal character. We bring our character to life!
Out of stock